zondag 27 december 2009

Why this blog and what is FTP-snorring

Why this blog?
I made this blog for Ftp enthusiasts and people who would like to become one. In this blog I will post a list of ftp servers (very handy), tips and trics, ftp clients and more. I'll post just a little bit about setting up ftp servers, this because i don't own one myself. In the next post i'll put a tutorial about finding the location of ftp servers and then importing them to google earth or google maps. This way you have a nice overview of all ftp servers and their phisical location. Maybe, dear readers, can you guys mail all ftp servers you know to me so I can make a nice Google Earth file. I then will put this file on the internet so all of you guys can download it. 
What is FTP-snorring
Ftp snorring is the searching of FTP-servers and then mapping or registering them. And of cource then sharing them with other people. I hear you thinking:'But why should i ever need ftp servers?'. Well, that's an easy question. You know that ftp-servers are in fact just computers which share files and space on their harddrive.
This means that those servers share files, such as photos, music and movies! Of course you can just go to youtube and then listen to those music clips, but you want to download those files! You could go to some website or download software to download the audio clips, but this takes to long. FTP is just way easier and faster. You just ftp to the server, go to the directory MP3 and listen to the music just as if the files were on your own computer. And for the downloading part: just click on it and click on the save as button.

Comparing ftp to limewire or other peer2peer software, ftp is faster and you can directly listen to the music(instead of with limewire, where you first have to download the file and then listen to it) 



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Let me know what you think about my posts or ideas by using this handy gadget!
Please contact me when your have questions about discussed subjects. My email is raseac.mi.a@gmail.com.